A few of the latest cute stories:
I usually cook scrambled eggs with a spatula. One morning I decided to use a fork instead. From his chair where he's eating breakfast and watching me, Judah says, "use a spatula mommy, not a fork!"
Judah likes to walk around town and ask "what does that store sell?" As we were about to get into the car this morning, he pointed to a store and asked what they sold. I said, "that's a liquor store" and Judah said, with a big smile on his face, "a licorice store?!?" So of course I responded, "Yes, that's exactly right. It's a licorice store, where all you can get is licorice."
On Judah's birthday, I explained that it was a very, very special day. I asked him why it was so special. He said, "It's Shabbat!"
This morning Judah told me his favorite foods are pizza, pancakes and frozen blueberries. And he wants to go to a restaurant that serves only those foods. I'm pleased that Judah actually has a wider diet than that, and he now likes to eat fresh tomatoes and broccoli.
Judah likes to play in his crib a lot these days. He says, "I'm a crane!" and he sticks his arm out of the crib to pick up whatever is on the floor. It has also become our puppet theater. David puts on wonderful puppet shows using stuffed animals and the puppets we gave Judah for his birthday - Pinocchio and a prince.
And speaking of puppet shows, we're on our fifth show at Fairyland. This one is about bears going on a picnic. As usual, Judah was entranced at the first performance - which means David and I will be hearing the music in our sleep and reciting the storyline upon request. Judah also wanted to sit by himself on the bench for the first time. (Interesting fact: the puppet show at Fairyland is the oldest, continuous running puppet show in the United States.)
Judah is now using (non-flouridated) toothpaste and we're brushing twice a day. I now wonder why they make children's toothpaste taste so good - Judah's is strawberry flavored. He wants to swallow it rather than spit. So spitting has become our latest project. I'm just waiting for him to finally get it - and begin spitting at all the wrong times.
Occasionally we get on the computer with Judah to look at photos and family videos. One evening Judah kept saying, "Per Gynt!" so David looked for the music of Per Gynt on You Tube. Judah watched quite a few minutes of an orchestral performance, completely rapt. So we want to take him to see an orchestra sometime soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment